Hello there Friend!
Maybe you are just curious, or maybe you are seeking for meaning and purpose in your life. Maybe you are like I was when Jesus found me: lost, broken, empty, and enveloped in a sea of depression. Sister, the meaning and purpose that you’ve been seeking after, the Light you have been searching for, the brokeness you can’t seem to piece back together, can all be found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You can know God and what is so exciting, is God wants you to come to Him, He wants you to know Him. He has huge plans for you and your life and you can begin to walk in victory, to walk through this life, holding on to His hand. You do not have to walk it alone, God wants to walk it with you.
How can you know Him and start walking this journey with Him?
- Recognize and admit that you are a sinner. Romans 3.23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Every single one of us fall short of God’s perfect standard. He is completely and totally perfect and we are not. We all make mistakes, mess up and fall ridiculously short. Not one of us is “good enough” to stand righteously in front of Christ’s throne.
But there is good news!
2. Sin requires payment and Romans 6:23 tells us that the payment is made in the form of death; both physical and eternal, ““For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” But it also promises, that for those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, God has given them the gift of eternal life. Jesus Christ went to the Cross for us and paid the penalty for us, so that we could have a personal relationship with Him, now and for all eternity. Jesus Christ took our place, He took the punishment and paid the price for us. His love is so amazing! Romans 5:8 describes it this way, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
God loves us so very much and there is nothing in this world that could ever match the perfect, complete love of that our Creator and Savior lavishes on us.
3. God’s Word says that if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts God raised Him from the dead, and turn away from our sin, we will be saved. “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). Once we step away from our old life and choose to follow God, we are stepping into His amazing plan for our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”, that is such a beautiful promise!
4. Receive and accept God’s gift of forgiveness. You can’t earn it, or rack up any points to win it, it is simply God’s generous gift to you because He loves you. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” And it is through God’s forgiveness that we now have peace with Him, “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).
5. Turn your life over to Jesus Christ, and choose to follow Him. Romans 8:38-39 tells us that, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord”. Now that is a love worth following after!
I encourage you to find a good Bible, like this one or this one and there are also some really good online Bibles like this one and this one. I would recommend starting in the book of John. It is a beautiful description of God’s love for us. I also encourage you to begin looking for a church and joining a Bible Study Group so that you can connect with other believers, learn, serve, and grow in your faith.
Sister, if you have chosen to take this first step toward a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I want to celebrate with you. Please feel free to use the form below to contact me and share with me your good news. I also encourage you to share with someone in your life, maybe a spouse, a sibling, your parents or a friend.
If you haven’t taken this step and still have questions, please feel free to contact me and I’ll help you in any way I can.